Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Default Understanding Macros

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...ProtectDoc.htm
and

MrsMac wrote:
Word 2003. Every time I run into a Word glitch, I'm directed towards
macros. I've been to the mvp site over and over. I simply do not
understand macros at all. I don't understand how to create one, how
to run one, what all that "stuff" means, etc. I have tried numerous
times and end up shutting everything down in total frustration. I
gladly do the repetitive tasks that macros are supposed to streamline
because it's easier than trying to figure out macros!

But now I HAVE to figure them out -- I'm creating a large series of
locked forms templates that will need to be spellchecked after data
entry and I can't find a workaround.

I want to do a continuing ed class on this, but in the interim can
anyone recommend a book that offers REALLY simple, step-by-step
explanations of macros? I'm stressing REALLY SIMPLE here! I checked
my local library for "Macros for Dummies" but got no hits. I
appreciate any direction anyone can give. Thank you!