You might be able to increase the indents by changing the label size
relative to the horizontal pitch in the label Details. I haven't tried this,
so I don't know whether you can change these settings without having to
create a new custom label definition (that is, whether you can modify an
existing definition).

"Allison Orange" (remove to reply) wrote in message
Our users would like larger default margins on labels than those built

into
the label definitions. I realize that I could create a template that
specified labels and that used a paragraph style other than that normally
used by that label type, but would like to have it so that users could
simply choose Tools, Letters and Mailings, Envelopes and Labels and select
the label type.

I noticed that when I selected a particular label type, the style in use,
usually named something like ' Left 0.09" Right 0.09" ' appears to be a
paragraph style, however it does not have a paragraph symbol next to it as
paragraph styles generally do. It seems to be some sort of built-in style
that automatically gets chosen for that particular label type.

Can I change the name and left and right indents settings for this style
that automatically gets set for a particular label type? Or can I have a
style that I create be the one that automatically gets set for a

particular
label type?