Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

Default Word 2007 and earlier versions

"JERRY" JERRY@HOME wrote in message
This has to do with my efforts to convert from WP to Word 2007. I am
having almost as much frustration with compatibility between MSW 2007
documents and procedures compared to earlier versions of MSW (which most
of my associates have) as I was with MSW & WP. If that makes any sense.

Am tempted to put an earlier version of Word on my system. Will the two
versions of Word co-exist on the same computer?

Thanks for any help
Jerry

Yes you can - however, by far the easiest way is to set the default "save"
function of Word 2007 to Word 97-2003 type documents...
Office Button-Word Options-Save and change the format in the dropdown
box....

HTH