TWiStErRob TWiStErRob is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhiroc View Post
I knew it was simple, thanks. However, I also think it might not be the correct way for this to be done, which is part of the reason I didn't think of it...

In my mind, there is a distinct difference between "removing an override" and "setting the override to the current default". The reason is that it can lead to unsuspected behavior.
Yes, I thought it would be simple too, but the more I tried, the more stuff appeared below the preview. My goal was to change a Hyperlink style, so that it overrides only the underlining style and color.

I was able to make it work with the following steps (Office 2010):
1. Select some text you want to style
2. CTRL+Space to clear the character style
(this is also available as a button at Home » Styles » bottom right button » Style inspector / middle button at the bottom, which brings up a small dialog where you can clear each styling separately)
3. Make formatting changes in the document
4. Find the style you want in either Quick Styles or the Styles tool window.
5. Right click the style and Update from Match Selection
6. Double check that all, but your wanted formats are applied via Modify.

Last edited by TWiStErRob : July 25th 16 at 06:28 PM