Charles Kenyon

For more on the different kinds of templates, tabs on the file new dialog,
and locations of templates folders see
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Kathryn" wrote in message
Please explain to me how to find the user template folder. Word doesn't
seem
to want to tell me. I have gone into tools/options/file locations/user
templates and when I put the template into that folder word doesn't see
it.
Also, when I made a test macro it shows up when I try to run it but it is
not
in the folder I see when I check the tools/options/file locations/user
templates.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Ah, okay, I got in on this late. In either case, I suspect that Kathryn
is
putting them in the folder reserved for Word's own installed templates
rather than either the User Templates or the Startup folder.

so
all may benefit.

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in
message ...
Hi Suzanne,

My diagnosis, which may be off, is that the macros are currently stored
in
an Add-In. That is the only way I know to have operational macros that

don't
show up in the vb editor or the organizer. So the template needs to be

moved
from the Startup folder on the old computer to the new computer.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Make sure you are saving the file to the folder specified for "User
templates" on the File Locations tab of Tools | Options.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Kathryn" wrote in message
I have a computer running Word 2000. I have a new computer running

Word
2003. I have a couple of Word macros that I need to move to the new
computer. I have already looked through old messages and have
looked

at
http://addbalance.com/word/movetotemplate.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/FilesToBackup.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...latesStore.htm but

still
cannot figure out how to move the macros to my new computer. When I

open
Word 2000, my computer does not behave the way that it should
according
the addbalance site. Using the Organizer button doesn't show my

macros;
using the VBA Editor doesnt' show any macros either, yet they are
there
and
run when I use them.

I have tried to simply copy the .dot file over to the new computer
but

put
it in the subdirectory that Word looks in for templates but it does
not
see
it there.

Any help?