Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
James James is offline

Default Numbering of articles

Hi there,

I'm revising the by-laws of the organization that I work for, and I am
looking for a numbering system that can apply throughout the 143pg document.

There are nearly 200 "articles", and at present they are numbered 1-200
manually. However, if an additional article needs to be added, say between
articles 40 and 41, it is too tedious to redo the numbering from that point
on.

So I need something that will go as follows:

Article 1
Article 2
Article 3
Article 200

where if I were to add an additonal article, Word would automatically
"shift" the rest down:

Article 1
Article 2
Article 3
Article 40
Article 41
Article 42
Article 201

If anyone knows how to do this I'd be very appreciative!

Thanks.