Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Form fields

Click the Office button, and then click Word Options. In the Popular
category, select "Show Developer tab in the Ribbon." Click OK.

On the Developer tab, click Protect Document to display the Restrict Editing
and Formatting pane (if it isn't already showing of course). To turn off
protection, click Stop Protection. You can double-click a field to set its
properties; to add new fields, click the Legacy Tools button.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Margaret Upton" wrote in message
I am not a new Word user but a new user to Word 2007. I have created forms
in Word 2003, put in the fields and locked them. I cannot find how to now
create new forms and lock and unlock the ones I have. The computer is
about to go through the window !!!! Can anyone help please. Also there
does not seem to be a help button anywhere to find out these things. Would
be very grateful for some help please.

Margaret