Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Multiple sets of page numbers

You can add the \*roman switch to the PAGE field. I think probably the TOC
doesn't pick that up, either, though. The only way to do this so that Word
picks up roman numbering is through Format Page Number, which would apply to
all the page numbers in the section.

"JayWomack" wrote in message
I asked the same question today but with a slightly different twist. I

used
your calculation suggestion and got it to work. But I need the first few
pages in roman numerals. How do I format that within the field?

"Jezebel" wrote:

You can do the second set of page numbers using a calculation field --

{ = { PAGE } - n }

Where n is the number of the first annex page minus 1. Or even swisher,

add
a bookmark for the start of the annex, and use { = { PageRef
"AnnexBookmark" } - 1 } ... then the annex numbering will update if you

add
or remove pages from the body.

Can't think of a way to get those numbers into your second table of
contents, however.

"Jerry" wrote in message
I am preparing a large (300+page) document that has 50+ page Annex

reprinted
with permission from the other author. I want the Annex to have two

sets
of
page numbers, one straight through from 1-300+, and the other from

1-50. I
need two Tables of Contents, one for the whole document the other just

for
the Annex as that way I can replicate that document. The only

difference
then
between the Aneex and its original will be in the Header.

Can I have two sets of page numbers and then generate two different

tables
of contents?

I can obviously do it by "faking" the second set of page numbers in

the
Annex by manually putting the numbers on a second line of the header

and
preparing the second TOC manually, but that seems a bit clunky.

Is there a better way????
--
Jerry