Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default List Style Formatting

What you are seeing is probably caused by the "Automatically update" setting
for the paragraph style that you are using. See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...tedcontent.htm.

For instructions on how to set up outline numbering in Word 2003, see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"laitkens" wrote in message

I am using Word 2003. I created a list style based on an outline
numbering
format. I have something odd happening when I try applying a bold
formatting
to one of my levels.

i.e
I. Test
A. test
1. test

I now want to make the word test (level 3, 1.) bold. If I highlight the
word click onto the Bold icon on the formatting toolbar, all the other
levels
become level 3. I then clicked onto the undo button which caused all the
levels to revert back to their proper level and the word test was in fact
in
bold.

Am I doing something wrong here? Why would all the levels change and then
Undo make the change actually work?

Thank you in advance for your help.