Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default .wiz file

Interestingly although not included with Word 2007 wizards will still work
with that application as they are simply a type of template. You can open a
wiz file in Word to examine and edit the macro code it contains.

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
You can certainly create a template that does much the same thing as a
wizard; I think the hitch comes in trying to save it with a .wiz
extension. But I could be making this up.

"Jaymond Flurrie" wrote in
message ...
Thank you. I wrote to my report that you can't practically VBA
program .wiz
files yourself.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

A .wiz file is a Microsoft Wizard. My understanding is that mere
mortals cannot create them, at least not easily, but inasmuch as
their distinguishing characteristic is usually a series of
UserForms, I would think it's safe to say that they contain VBA (or
other) code. I don't recall
how far back wizards were introduced, but there are wizards that
ship with
every version of Word through 2003; Word 2007 has no wizards.

"Jaymond Flurrie" wrote
in message
This is school work, but it's not just a question. I'm writing a
report about
VBE, and I have a list of all the Word document types and their
behavior
with
VBA code. So far the list looks something like this:

.docx is normal Word 2007 file type and it can't include VBA code.
.dotx is Word 2007 template file type and it can't include VBA
code. .docm is normal Word 2007 file type that is supposed to
include VBA code.
.dotm is Word 2007 template file type that can't include VBA code.
.doc is normal Word 97-2003 file type.
.dot is Word 97-2003 template file type.

.docm and .dotm do not necessarily include VBA code, but the
purpose of having .docm and .dotm file types instead of .dotx and
.docx is that they
can
include VBA code, so it's likely there is some VBA code.

.doc and .dot might include VBA code, but it is impossible to say
without
checking it from inside the file itself.

Now I do know that there is a .wiz file, but when did it exist and
were you
able to save VBA code to it?

Is this list otherwise complete? What were the file types before
Word 97,
and were those capable of including VBA code?

The source for my information is Word 2007 Bible, written by Herb
Tyson.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is this a homework question?

"Jaymond Flurrie" Jaymond
wrote in message
In which Word versions .wiz file is in use and can .wiz files
hold VBA
code
inside?