Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default how do i get the computer to read out what i have typed

If you take a look at my other page
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm and read that in conjunction with
http://www.gmayor.com/word_text_to_speech.htm you should be more clear on
how to install macros from listings.
To make available the Microsoft Speech Object Library, you must first
install the speech portion of Excel as noted on the page.
Then to add it, to Word ALT+F11 Tools References. Scroll down the list
and check the item.

dp wrote:
Word 2003 - Windows 2000 Professional. (1) Link gives sample add "MS
Speech Library" in References - Normal. My pc Reference - Project.
Is this the same? then (2) says to create a new module but I'm not
sure where Insert | Module? but then I can't name it per
instructions. I don't see the "Project - Normal" screen shot shown.
Tried the help files but being new to macro/vba wound up completely
lost. Didn't want to continue and throw this completely off. Also
read link at the end about macros but that didn't use the vba editor
so again, lost me.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. TIA

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Milly wrote:
I managed to do this previously, totally by accident, and cannot
remember how I did it!

See http://www.gmayor.com/word_text_to_speech.htm.

--
Regards,