WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I change the actual header and footer margins?

To change the header and footer margins in Microsoft Word, you can follow these steps:
  1. Double-click on the header or footer area of your document to open the Header & Footer Tools tab.
  2. Click on the "Design" tab within the Header & Footer Tools tab.
  3. Click on the "Margins" dropdown menu and select "Custom Margins".
  4. In the Page Setup window that appears, click on the "Layout" tab.
  5. Under the "Headers and footers" section, you can adjust the "From edge" values for the top and bottom margins of your header and footer separately.
  6. If you want your page margins to be different than your header and footer margins, you can adjust the "From edge" values under the "Page" section.
  7. Once you have made your desired changes, click "OK" to apply them to your document.

That's it! Your header and footer margins should now be adjusted to your liking, and you can have different margins for your page content if needed.