Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
guest in calif[_2_] guest in calif[_2_] is offline

Default How do I remove all carriage returns from a Word document?

Hi Suzanne,

Maybe I'm more of a novice than I thought :-). I'm trying to remove all
extraneous CR's that were found in the body of an email, so that it will read
like a regular letter. I copied the body of the email (from excite.com) into
MS Word, but can't get rid of the CR's w/o going from one line to the next,
deleting the CR manually (ie, w/the backspace key). This takes too much
time. Is there a quick formatting solution?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

All carriage returns or just extra ones (empty paragraphs)? You can search
for ^p and replace with nothing or search for ^p^p and replace with ^p,
depending on which you want to do.

"guest in calif" guest in wrote in message
Does anyone have a quick solution to remove all carriage returns from a
Word
document?

I would also like to know how to remove empty lines in excel that result
when I cut and paste data from PDF's, or other sources. They are often
merged
cells, and I can do it, but it takes several steps. ie-select all, click
"merge" cells off, then select all, and sort. This often changes the
order
of the data, which I don't want to do.