Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Roderick O'Regan Roderick O'Regan is offline

Default Styles in foreign language

I've created a template in Word 2003 for my UK clients who also have
an office in Rio de Janeiro.

This document has many styles and as I know that Word changes the
built-in styles when passed from one language version of Word to
another I've created bespoke ones thus avoiding the standard ones
which change at will.

Everything works OK over in Rio.

However, one added feature of this template is a Table of Contents
(TOC) which, as we all know, is based on the TOC built-in styles. But
these styles change on being used on a Portuguese version of Word. So,
for example TOC 1 changes to "Analitico 1" and so forth.

Is there a way that I can create styles so that a Table of Contents
will use the styles I create and not the built-in TOC 1, etc?

Roderick