Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I unlock to modify something

Well, in some circles the term itself is regarded as rude based on its
derivation (though there seems to be some uncertainty about that). The page
at http://www.schmucku.com/definition.html explains that it has a range of
meaning. This site offers a diploma in schmuckology.

As for the "indelicacy" of the word, see
http://www.mediabistro.com/galleycat...ks_7210 8.asp

http://word.mvps.org

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in message
The schmuckitude of that particular message was not the suggestion
that the off-topic querier google the question, but that the
suggestion to do so was masked as a "tinyurl." I had in fact clicked
the "tinyurl" to see whether the reply pointed to an American football
or a soccer (i.e., what the rest of the world calls "football") site
(preparing to point out that insufficient information had been
provided for choosing one or the other).

Mr. Maxey greatly overestimates the rhetorical power of the term
"schmuck."

On Oct 3, 10:16 am, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
While "schmuck" may have been excessive, I agree that silence is probably
preferable alternative to posting lmgtfy links, which are fairly subtle
(especially when obfuscated as this one was) but still rude.

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"Greg Maxey" wrote in message

Ms. Barnhill,

Despite our private discussions aimed at avoiding public confrontation,
you seem determined. Dian will not have to spend much time in this NG to
determine the character of the your troll friend Peter. Unlike you, she
has already managed to determine that he is rude. Add that to his
unbridled arrogance, which you may or may not have tried to justify, his
very, very limited range of expertise, and his persistance for being
wrong; it may not be long before those who don't chose to ignore him
join
me in actively trying to run him out.

I make no claim to be king of this newsgroup. As for rights, despite the
efforts of some, the United States is still a free country so I don't
need
any special permission. We can thank our servicemen and woman and our
veterans for the freedoms that you and I both enjoy.

It is quite refreshing to see you finally exercise some of the community
leadership responsibility that comes with being a MVP. Where was that
leadership and concern the other day when your boy Peter called a poster
schmuck?

Good day.

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
It's possible Dian will wonder who made you king of this NG or what
right you have to set "goals and objectives" for anyone else who
posts here.

"Greg Maxey" wrote in
. ..
Soundly spanked again. LOL

Most queriers here aren't at a level to find it without being
explicitly told that.

Really? Would you mind posting your facts and statistics to support
that analysis?

You'll find Greg constantly complaining because I give simple
answers to beginners

No. Now that she is back (welcome back Dian), she will find Greg
complaining whenever you violate your goals and objectives. I'll
refresh your memory:

1. Post when and wherever you like, but stay in your range of
expertise. Always be open to the ideas and suggestion of others. If
you venture outside your range then try to be correct.

2. Stop posting your opinions as statements of fact. If you think
something is easy or if you prefer one method to another then say so
in that manner. Stop insisting or trying to prove that your ways are
always best, easiest, fastest, etc. Let others decided for
themselves what is easiest between a set of given options and decide
for themselves if the effort/advantage of pursuing one approach
justifies taking that approach over another.

3. Stop disparaging the contributions and skills of others and
selective advanced Word features. Stop throwing up roadblocks and
detours when a user seeks information on a particular feature or
function that you don't understand or that you don't wish to pursue
yourself. 4. STOP SHOUTING in the newsgroup.

5. Bridle your arrogance.

Sadly you step all over one or more of them almost every time you
post so the complaints may appear constant.

Cheers.

--
Greg Maxey

See my web sitehttp://gregmaxey.mvps.org
for an eclectic collection of Word Tips.

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the
strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them
better. The credit belongs to the man in the arena, whose face is
marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly...who
knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself
in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of
high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails
while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those
cold and timid souls who have never known neither victory nor
defeat." - TR "Peter T. Daniels" wrote in
message
Most queriers here aren't at a level to find it without being
explicitly told that. (You'll find Greg constantly complaining
because I give simple answers to beginners -- whereas he likes to
overwhelm
them with every possible detail.)

On Oct 2, 7:07 pm, "Dian D. Chapman, MVP" wrote:
Guess I'm not THAT old cos' Start Accessories Windows Explorer
is still there. g

Dian ~