Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Virtual Printer that Works Well With Word

On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 13:18:05 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

I am looking for software that will print a word document to a TIF
file--allow you to specify the resolution of the output?

I would think there would be freeware, open source, commercial to do
this.

Anyone know of something that works well?

SnagIt from http://www.techsmith.com includes a printer driver that
can print to TIF. Through the printer properties advanced dialog,
you can choose resolutions of 100x100, 200x200, 300x300, or 600x600
dpi.

Actually the printer driver is a minor part of the package. The main
show is the flexible screen-capture and graphics editing parts.

There's a free 30-day trial, but I think you'll find it so useful it's
worth paying US$50 for it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman