Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartaphilus View Post
Yup, I thought about, and I even figured out how to do it. It's just that
it's a couple of step process and feels a little kludgey. I could have sworn
that earlier versions of Office had this capability, but maybe my memory is
getting soft...sigh

"Richard in AZ" wrote:

Have you thought about saving the message as a file?

"Cartaphilus" wrote in message
Unfortunately, the object I want to insert isn't a file. It's an Outlook
email message. Unless I'm missing something, you can't use "browse" to find
and select one email message sitting in your Outlook inbox...?

"Richard in AZ" wrote:

Insert - Object - from a file

"Cartaphilus"
wrote in message
I want to insert an email message from my Outlook inbox into a word document
as an embedded object, showing only the "envelope" icon and caption.

Hi,

I recently stumbled upon this post and I find it interesting. I managed to uhm, 'solve' your problem. Well, since you know how to embed the object, you just need to change the look of the icon right? I'm using Word 2007, so here's my proposed solution:

1. Click the "Display as icon" checkbox and click the "Change Icon" button. (assuming you have arrived to this stage)

2. A "Change Icon" dialog box appears. Click the "Browse" button to look for a suitable icon in your C drive.

3. In Word 2007, the Microsoft Outlook icons are located in this folder: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\. You can copy this folder path and paste it into the address bar of the dialog box. After that, select the "Outlook.exe" filename and click the "Open" button.

4. You are now back at the "Change Icon" dialog box. Note that the previously empty Icon box is now loaded with several Outlook icons. You can scroll through the choices and select the icon that you like. In the "Caption" textbox, type in the description and click the "OK" button.

5. You are back at the "Object" dialog box. Note that both the icon and caption have changed. Click the "OK" button.

And that's it Erm, just in case you're confused, well, I made a post on this. You can visit this link to view the screenshots too -- http://perrinator.com/change-the-ico...ject-word-2007

Cheers!
Perrin
www.perrinator.com

Last edited by Perrinator : August 22nd 12 at 09:10 AM