Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Tecsi,

The best idea I can come up with, that doesn't involve a lot of programming,
would be to use the Document Map for this.

1. Set up a style with an "outline level" of 1

2. Make sure your document doesn't otherwise use outline levels

3. With Find/Replace, search the term, and in the Replace section, choose the
style. this should apply the style to all the found instances

4. Display the Document Map: all instaces of the style should appear (with any
luck)

5. To get rid of the list (in order to make a new one, for example), Find all
instances of the style and, on the Replace side, remove all settings (or choose
the Normal style)

Note that this really rather a "dirty" approach, since it applies a style in
the document with no regard to the document formatting, otherwise. So it's not
certain it would be appropriate. But if you're only using the document as a
"notes bucket", the formatting may not be that relevant.

I am using Word as a mega-bucket for all my notes. Related notes are
scattered all over this document. I want to be able to find all instances
of a text string, and display all these (and the sentence/paragraph they are
in) in one place--probably a scrollable window so I can quickly find the
relevant "note".

The current Find All is way too tedious to do this as I can only see one
instance at a time.

Ideally, I would like the instances appearing in the separate window to
hyperlink to their source location, so I can quickly see AND get to the
relevant note.

Is there something that does this, or something close?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)