Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
apagano apagano is offline

Default How to span text between cells in a Word Table

I've created a Word form with several pages of a blank, two column form using
tables that is filled in by a user. Often the user's text in column 2 runs
beyond that cell in page 1 and needs to run to column 2 of page 2 and 3, etc.
The table cells are fixed height and I don't want the table cells on page 1
to break into page 2.

As it stands the user must watch as their typing gets near the end of the
cell on page 1 otherwise it disappears out of view. Is there a way I can
detect an end of cell marker and have the cursor automatically shifted to
column 2 on the next page?

I'm guessing I need some vba code to handle this problem. Can anyone offer
a suggestion on how to begin?

Tony