Clive Elsworth

Doug

Thanks for that. It gives me something better than I have right now.

However ideally I'd like to be able to tell users that they can create their
own templates (to be used for merges with a single contact at a time - which
my system semi-automates - along with even the creation of the templates
somewhat) and wherever they might want to add extra text after a merge to
put some kind of specific field there that will be searchable by the
automation code.

Is there such a type of field, that it searchable, but can be made to be
null so that it doesn't actually do anything else?

Thanks again for your efforts.

Regards, Clive

"Doug Robbins" wrote in message
How about

ActiveDocument.Paragraphs(n).Range.Select
Selection.Collapse wdCollapseStart

I assume you would know the number (n) of the paragraph that you want to
go to the beginning of.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Clive Elsworth" wrote in message
After doing a mailmerge is there a way to get Word to goto a specific
point in the document? (I'm writing a VB app that remotely automates
Word)

I tried putting a bookmark into the .dot file, but the output file does
not contain the bookmark.

Any help much appreciated.