WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how do I type a vertical fraction?

To type a vertical fraction in Microsoft Word, you can use the Equation feature. Here are the steps:
  1. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon at the top of the Word window.
  2. Click on "Equation" in the "Symbols" section.
  3. Select "Fraction" from the dropdown menu.
  4. In the fraction box that appears, type the numerator in the top box and the denominator in the bottom box.
  5. To make the fraction vertical, click on the fraction and then click on "Design" in the ribbon.
  6. Click on "Fraction" in the "Structures" section.
  7. Select the "Vertical" option.

Your fraction should now be displayed vertically with the division bar going horizontally. You can adjust the size and formatting of the fraction using the options in the "Design" tab.