And if you want it to look neat, set a separate tab stop for the leaders,
far enough to the left of the prices to comfortably clear the longest one.

"Jezebel" wrote in message
Don't type the dots by hand. Specify dot leaders when you set the tab
positions.

"bjimer" wrote in message
I am doing a restaurant menu and am having trouble with the dots lining

up.
I am using the decimal tab for the prices on the right side and have
repeating periods running between the food item on the left side and the
prices. Example:

Apple Pie Slice.................... 5.95
Cherry Pie Slice................... 5.95
Whold Pie........................... 10.95

In the example above, I am not concerned about the prices not being

lined
up
because I am using the decimal tab in my document and the prices are ok.
The
problem I have is the same as above. Where the period ends just before
the
price, they are not aligned vertically. Nothing I do seems to work to

get
them to align. HELP.