Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Autocomplete/Autotext/not sure...

As far as I know, this is a per user/computer setting that should
work for all documents. If it doesn't for you, then maybe your
Word 2007 data key is messed up and isn't saving the setting.
Close Word 2007, start regedit, and rename the
"\\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12. 0\Word\Data"
key. Word will automatically create a new data key when you
restart it.

Bob wrote:

Thanks - that's great for the current document, but I want it to always be
the case for ALL documents, new or old. How can I do this?

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote:

Press Alt+F11 and click on View | Immediate Window. Type the
following:

Application.DisplayAutoCompleteTips = True

and press Enter.

Bob wrote:

In Word 2003 I could type April, hit a space, then get a tool tip or
intellisense with the rest of the date, like April 10, 2009 and pressing
enter would enter it. Now, in Word 2007, on one computer it still does it,
but on another computer it doesn't. I've checked ALL the settings (I believe)
in Word Options in both computers and they're identical. What accounts for
the difference, and how can I get this feature back?
Bob Umlas
Excel MVP