Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
digitig digitig is offline

Default Where is the word count tool?

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi Digitig,

On the keyboard shortcuts you mentioned, you may find that many of the old version ones still work g as do the new ones.

I know, but I get a warning that I'm using an obsolescent key sequence,
which I take to mean I'm going to have to stop sooner or later. And it is
only "some". I don't mind *too* much learning new keystrokes -- I had to do
that between Word 2000 and Word 2003, when, for instance, insert reference
changed from altIR ro altINR (now it's altSRF, of course -- at least
it's not longer).

Old ones that don't always work were often on the old File menu (now Office button menu)

And altINR, which was on the Insert menu and no longer works...

where properties moved to
Office Button=Prepare=Properties so (Alt, F, E, P) works to get you to the 'basic' properties, but the old (Alt, F, I) will
now take you to the 'Office Center' (Word 2007 Options) dialog

But you'll notice that I mentioned *custom* properties, which my employer
uses extensively in all document templates.

You can right click on the Crop tool icon to add-it to the Quick access toolbar,

Which is fine when I'm doing that task, but it's still there when I'm not.
My point was that I used to have different toolbars with the buttons I needed
for different tasks, and I would keep those toolbars on the screen whilst I
was performing the task. When I moved on to a new task, I would close that
toolbar and open the toolbar associated with the new task (often this would
just be a couple of the standard toolbars, rather than custom ones). I don't
seem to be able to do that any more, so Office is no longer task-oriented.

If you're handy with VBA (which
I'm not g, it can probably also be added to the right click menu for pictures as well.

I'm rusty...how is C# integration?

There are a number of different spreadsheets, by example tools and add-ins available that you may find helpful.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...295841033.aspx
http://officelabs.com/projects/searc...s/default.aspx

I'll have a look, thanks.

Some folks prefer to work with a minimzed ribbon (ctrl+F1 or double click on a ribbon tab)

I don't think that will help -- I don't mind the presence of the ribbon, I
just mind the abscence of task-oriented tools (except when I'm writing a
simple letter, in which case the ribbon /is/ task oriented).

Regards,

Tim