Jezebel

Are you sure they are paragraph marks rather than line feeds?

Ifd that's not it, select one of these pestilential marks, switch to VBA,
and in the immediate window type

? Asc(Selection)

That will give you the character number. You can Find the character by
enabling wildcards and searching for ^nnn where nnn is the character number.

"Joseph McGuire" wrote in message
I am having a bizarre time using Search or Search and Replace in a Word
document that came to me originally as a text document, which I opened and
reformatted and saved in Word. The For most of the document--82 pages, 25
lines per page--every line ends with a HRt/Paragraph Mark. I had added a
few prior to and after those 82 pages. If I search Word will find all the
Paragraph Marks I inserted before and after the 82 pages, but it will skip
all 2050 or so in those 82 pages. Can anybody explain why this has
happened? Is there something "invisible" about some paragraph marks but
not
others? I have used Search and replace a lot and have never seen this
issue.
--

Joe McGuire