Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Default Current Style Control

Hi

I share your frustration! This is one of the things I find most irritating
about Word 2007.

Do ctrl-shift-s (that is, the old keyboard shortcut for the styles box from
pre-2007) and you'll see the new Apply Styles thing. Re-size and position to
suit your needs. It will now tell you the current style, more or less.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Maxim" wrote in message
Hi!

Does anybody know is there a control in MS Word 2007 showing the style of
the text under the cursor? Earlier, I was able to see the current style,
but
new "styles gallery" does not scroll to the style under the cursor
automatically. How to get the old control?

Thanks.