Posted to microsoft.public.word.application.errors,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default Word 2002/XP sometimes freezes when opening in "My Documents"

You might try the Process Explorer available for download he

The only drawback to this is you'd need to leave it running and the moment
it hangs, switch to the Process Explorer and stop it. The result will be a
large amount of data. But what you'd need to look for is that occurred
immediately (or near) the hang. You can create filters to help narrow down
the amount of data you'll be viewing but it could still involve some time to
review the results.

~Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

"Ant" wrote in message
On 7/12/2009 8:27 AM PT, Beth Melton typed:

So far I haven't noted if this occurs when working in Word Safe Mode. To
start Word in Safe Mode, hold Ctrl while starting Word and continue
holding Ctrl until prompted to start in Safe Mode.

I cannot seem to reproduce this in safe mode and normal modes. I will keep
trying later on. Remember, the hang/freeze issue is random.
--
"Better (to be) an ant's head than a lion's tail." --Armenian and Maltese
/\___/\
\ _ / Nuke ANT from e-mail address: NT
( ) or