Gary Warner

Default Problem: A border line that I can't get rid of...

I've been a Word user for years and am so comfortable with most
of it that I can't imagine using a different word processing program.
But one really annoying thing happens from time to time - and has
happened on all the version I've used.

#1) I type in a line of text

#2) On the FORMAT menu I select BORDERS & SHADING
and put a think line below that line of text.

#3) Later, for whatever reason, I decide to erase that line of text.

Problem...Sometimes....The line that is below the text will not go away!

I've tried using Boarders & Shading to specify NO-LINE before erasing
the text. I've tried deleting several lines before and after. All that
happens
is the line moves to just above whatever I'm deleting.

Errrrr.

Any help??