Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Cannot edit Word document because "selection is locked" --??

Sorry, I am not sure what is causing this. Have you tried uninstalling the
expired copy of Office 2007?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"hopehavens" wrote in message
It IS installed. In fact, I even tried to install it again but it said it
was already installed and could not reinstall. Now what?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

If you saved the files in Word 2007 format, you must install the Office
Compatibility Pack to open them in Word 2003. See
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"hopehavens" wrote in message
I opened up a Word 2007 document and everywhere I tried to make a
correction,
I receive a message on the status bar, "This modification is not
allowed
because the selection is blocked." Since my "trial" of Office just
expired,
I can only guess that all my documents have been locked until I
purchase
Office 2007. I don't want to purchase it now (maybe never) -- not
happy
with
it. How do I revert all my documents back to 2003? Was this trial
thing
trap??