Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default Mail Merge in Graphics

Are you using Ctrl+F9 to insert the field delimiters { }?

If you are, and there is a picture with the name 1.jpg in the c:\images
folder, then that should result in a picture being shown in the document.

What actually do you see in the document in place of the picture? If it is
an empty rectangle, then you need to select Options from the Tools menu and
on the View tab, uncheck the Picture Placeholders item.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Gary Dotzlaw" wrote in message
I am looking for some assistance. I have been trying to do a simple
"InsertPicture" with a mail merge using Word 2003 SP2 (also tried with Word
2000). In neither instance can I get it to work; no image appears in the
document even after ALT-F9, merging to a new document, or in Print Preview.

I studied extensively the example as posted he
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_graphics.htm
without any success.

I have attempted the most basic of examples, using a new Word document
with only the code:
{ IncludePicture "C:\\Images\\1.jpg" }
and still can not even get this to work.

Ideally I need to have the image and path coming from a nested field like
this:
{ IncludePicture "{MERGEFIELD "FullName"}" }
using a simple tab-delimited text data source file.

Can anyone actually get this to work? If so, post the document so I can
see how it works.

Thanks,

Gary