Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
RobertVA RobertVA is offline

Default half sheet planner pages

MouseMvr92242 wrote:
I figured out that I can use a "Booklet" format to create my pages for a
special planner (Day-timers "Desk" size), but can you tell me how to adjust
the margins to allow for the holes for the 3-ring or 7-ring binder?

I am creating a "Control Journal" a la "Fly Lady" that will be housed in my
day planner binder. I use paper provided by Day-timers that is pre-punched
and pre-perfed. What I cannot figure out is how to allow enough space at the
side where the ring holes will be located. When the paper is placed into the
printer, the sheet feeds with the holes going through last, meaning that the
page prints, the holes, feed, the next page prints and then its holes feed,
then the next sheet is fed to the printer.

I was able to do this so much more easily using an old Print Shop product,
but that program will not run under Windows XP.

Added information:

A booklet feature would put the "inside" margin towards the center of
the sheet and "outside" margin adjacent to the ends. That may not be
appropriate if the blank "two page" sheets have one set of holes near
the end and the remaining set of holes adjacent to the center separation
line. Life would be a LOT simpler if both sets of holes were adjacent to
the separation line, since you would be able to use the booklet feature.

With a bit of additional thought if you want to print two sided:

Two column pages might not place the appropriate pages back to back
(page 4 on the back of page 1 etc). You may need print half the odd
number of pages on the left side of the paper in one pass, print half
the even numbered pages on the other side of the sheet in a second pass,
swap the inside AND outside margins width settings, and print the
remaining odd and even pages in separate third and fourth passes through
the printer.