Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Autotext in header

degas1900 wrote:
I have the company name saved as an Autotext and it shows up in my
Autotext list when working on the body of a document. However, when
I attempt to insert it in a header (such as on the second page of a
letter), my additional Autotext entries are nowhere to be found in
the Autotext drop-down list for Headers and Footers. How do I get
them to show up? I'm using Word 2003.

The entry has to be formatted with the Header style or the Footer style at
the time you create the entry in order to appear in that list.

In regular text, insert the existing entry. Apply the Header style to it.
Then select it, press Alt+F3, and enter the same name; when prompted whether
to replace the entry, say yes. It should now appear in the Headers/Footers
list.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman