Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gilles Vanneste Gilles Vanneste is offline

Default Question about search and replace

I have a document that is utterly filled with data from person addresses to
phone numbers. Now all the phone numbers are formed like this : xx.xx.xx,
and I forgot to add the first three digits of those numbers. I don't want to
have to manually place them one by one, so I looked a bit at the different
functions I can use. My question is, I noticed the search function has an
option to search and replace words. I want to replace all the phone numbers
of the form xx.xx.xx with the same three digits for every phone number in
front of it (xxx), so the end result is that all the phone numbers in my
document are like this (056)xx.xx.xx . How do I do I use the search and
replace function to accomplish this? I can't seem to find the right way to
do it.