Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Default I cannot find/see the "Format" tab

The features you're looking for are contextual - they only appear when they
are needed. In this case you need to (a) have a shape to apply the
formatting to and (b) select the shape. Once you have a shape selected the
Drawing Tools & Format tabs will "magically" appear. When you deselect the
shape the tabs will go a way until you select a shape again.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 12/15/07 12:07 PM, in article
, "Londo"
wrote:

I see the Home tab. I still do not see anything that says "Format". But here
is what I need to do: When I search for help, I see that the "Styles" (which
is on the "Home" tab") is shown as "Shapes" on the graphic in Help. I need to
change the "Styles" to "Shape".
Thanks

"CyberTaz" wrote:

What version of Word are you using - If 2007 there *is* no Format Tab. Most
of your formatting options are on the Home Tab.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 12/15/07 1:02 AM, in article
, "Londo"
wrote:

I don't see this tab on the top of my screen. How to I get it there?