Did you insert the braces using Ctrl+F9?

"Carol" wrote in message
Hello Jay,

Yes, I did toggle the field codes and all it shows is the field code. When

use Alt +F9, it shows nothing else. I'm sure it's something very simple

that
I'm just not getting. Thanks for your help.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

If you mean that you're seeing something like

{ REF bookmarkname }

in the document, press Alt+F9 to toggle from field codes to field
results (or go to Tools Options View and uncheck "Field codes"
which does the same thing).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 10:49:02 -0800, "Carol"
wrote:

Thanks for your help, but I guess I'm being obtuse. I have inserted

fields
and selected Ref and selected the bookmark I want it to refer to but

I'm
still only getting the field showing. Is there perhaps another way of
updating this template? Thanks again.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 17:03:02 -0800, "Carol"
wrote:

I have a legal document that I am creating a user form for such

that, when
the template is opened, a dialog box appears and the user can fill

in the
variables and then the document is populated with that information.

I am
using Bookmarks in this regard, however, one of the bookmarks

appears in
numerous places within the document and when I add the bookmark to

the second
place it disappears from the first place, etc. My question is how

do I
resolve this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in
advance.

You can use any bookmark name only once per document, as you found
out. In all the otoher places, insert REF fields (Insert Field,
select REF from the list) that refer to the bookmark. The fields will
repeat the contents of the bookmark. You'll need to update the fields
after filling in the bookmark -- most easily by going to Print

Preview
and back.

--
Regards,