Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Glen (TD DTP) Glen (TD DTP) is offline

Default Advice Needed!

I have the perfecr trick for you.

You need to use 'styles' for the title of your section - the best style to
use would be "heading 1".

Modify the "Heading 1" style to your standards, then modify the following:

Format/Paragraph/Line and Page Breaks - Select "Page break before"

This will solve you issues with the table and keep everything neat on the
page.

--
Glen (TD-DTP)
It''''s cold up here in Toronto...

"cottage6" wrote:

Hello,
I've been asked to revamp 5 employee appraisal forms that had some
underlines in them that moved when typed on, etc. The majority of the forms
use tables for the comments which is good, but I want to make sure I'm
setting these up right the first time.
The first 2 forms use individual tables for each section, so I set the table
header row to repeat in each table, and I do not have "Keep with next"
checked on anything. Each section will have a varying amount of text which
means part of the table can end up on another page. Do I need to check "Allow
row to break across pages"?

The 3rd form I just started looking at has more sections on it and the table
is set up with all the sections in 1 table. Whoever created it used a blank
row to separate sections 6 and 7 so section 7 would move to the top of page
2. I deleted the blank row, section 7 moved to the bottom of page 2. I
checked "Allow row to break across pages" in that section which moved it back
to page 2. The table header is set to repeat. I guess what I'm really asking
is am I doing any of this right or am I going to end up with problems once
the appraisals start being used? Any and all suggestions would be greatly
appreciated! I'm definitely not the Harry Houdini of Word....