Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Default copy/paste part of text in a form field

Hi ?B?YWRhbWI=?=,

How can I highlight, copy, and paste a couple words of text from a form field
filled out by someone else. When I try to highlight a word in the middle of
text, I either highlight all the text before the word or all the text after
the word. I would like to know how to just highlight something in the middle.

It sounds ask if these form fields are in a table. If that's the case, you won't
be able to select characters out of the field's content, as you wish, unless you
first unprotect the form.

This is a known problem with form fields in documents since time immemorial
(it's been there so long one can't really call it a "bug" any more...)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)