Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How can I eliminate page numbering in an MS Word document?

This is less complicated than inserting a Section Break??

On Dec 18, 6:17*pm, p0 wrote:
Although I can see the benifits of the tip, I find it rather complex
to achieve such a simple thing. The following combination of fields
should just as well achieve what is required:

{ IF { PAGE } 5 "" { = { PAGE } - 3 } }

If your page number is less than 5, don't display anything, otherwise,
display your page number minus 3 (so 5 becomes 2, 6 3, ...)

Do not enter the brackets yourself, enter them by using CTRL+F9:

1)Type CTRL+F9. (results in { })
2)Type IF between the brackets followed by CTRL+F9. (results in { IF
{ } })
3)Type PAGE between the inner brackets and " 5" right of the inner
brackets. (results in { IF { PAGE } 5})
4)Add the "". (results in { IF { PAGE } 5 ""})
5)Type CTRL+F9. (results in { IF { PAGE } 5 "" { } })
6)Type '='. (results in { IF { PAGE } 5 "" { = } })
7)Type CTRL+F9. (results in { IF { PAGE } 5 "" { = { } } })
8)Type PAGE between the last added brackets followed by - 3 after the
brackets. (results in { IF { PAGE } 5 "" { = { PAGE } - 3 } })

Yves

On 18 dec, 20:52, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Please look at Tip 4 at the end.

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"Jon" wrote in message

Sorry, the instructions on that page are a bit of a confusing nightmare. I
don't want *any* numbers on the front matter, not Roman numerals.
Jon

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Certainly. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...07.htm(andnote
that if you see a huge gap in the text in the first screen, there is more
text after the gap!).

http://word.mvps.org

"Jon" wrote in message
I'd like to start numbering with page 2 on the actual page 5, no
numbers
before that. Is Word 2007 capable of this feat?
Jon-