JoAnn

I'm using Word 2003. Thanks for your suggestions -- unfortunately, neither
of them worked with this document. I'm still getting the message (even when
I don't include the last paragraph mark in the copy/paste).

JoAnn

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

What version of Word is this?

In later versions of Word that support macros in document (as opposed to
template) files, even after you delete a macro, Word still "remembers" that
it contained macros, and continues to warn (depending on setup). Using Word
2003, when you save in rtf format, Word warns that macros (even if they've
been deleted) will be lost. And, indeed, after closing/reopening the rtf
file, the macros are gone.

You might try saving in Word 6.0/95 format, since .doc files in that version
did not support macros, and see if that purges them.

Otherwise, another option open to you is to copy the document to the
clipboard, paste it into a new Document window, and save that. (If you have
special headers/footers/etc., you'd need to copy those, as well.)

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"JoAnn" wrote in message
I am getting the Enable/Disable macros message when I open a document that
does not have macros.

I tried saving the file to RTF, closing it, reopening it & saving to Word
(a
tip from the user groups that has worked in the past) but it didn't work
on
this document.

Any other things I can try? Does this mean the document is corrupt?

Thanks,

--
JoAnn