Herb Tyson [MVP]

Now, this is odd... unless the Enable/Disable message isn't about the
document at all, but rather about a macro that's contained either in
Normal.dot or in some other global template. Both of the methods I gave you
were able to strip a phantom macro from a document using Word 2003.

When you choose File - Save As, does it show the document type as Word
Document, or as Word Template?

If the file doesn't contain any proprietary information you don't want to
share, is it possible that you could email it to me so I can take a look? If
so, please send to problem(at)thetysons.org, replacing (at) with the @ sign,
of course.

(You can also check Tools - Macro - Macros and see if you have one named
AutoOpen or AutoExec.)

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"JoAnn" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2003. Thanks for your suggestions -- unfortunately,
neither
of them worked with this document. I'm still getting the message (even
when
I don't include the last paragraph mark in the copy/paste).

JoAnn

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

What version of Word is this?

In later versions of Word that support macros in document (as opposed to
template) files, even after you delete a macro, Word still "remembers"
that
it contained macros, and continues to warn (depending on setup). Using
Word
2003, when you save in rtf format, Word warns that macros (even if
they've
been deleted) will be lost. And, indeed, after closing/reopening the rtf
file, the macros are gone.

You might try saving in Word 6.0/95 format, since .doc files in that
version
did not support macros, and see if that purges them.

Otherwise, another option open to you is to copy the document to the
clipboard, paste it into a new Document window, and save that. (If you
have
special headers/footers/etc., you'd need to copy those, as well.)

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"JoAnn" wrote in message
I am getting the Enable/Disable macros message when I open a document
that
does not have macros.

I tried saving the file to RTF, closing it, reopening it & saving to
Word
(a
tip from the user groups that has worked in the past) but it didn't
work
on
this document.

Any other things I can try? Does this mean the document is corrupt?

Thanks,

--
JoAnn