Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
mz mz is offline

Default Maintaining HTML links to other folders in sent documents

Cindy,

If keeping everything in a single folder is the answer, then that is simple
enough.

Originally, I had hoped to keep all of my image folders in one image
archive, and to link to the various image folders as needed, but that
appears to be an awkward solution if I need to send the table document and
image folder together.

I'm still early in the process. I will rearrange my inventory files and
redo the links as it doesn't really matter where the inventory image folder
is maintained for my my other desktop applications.

mz

"Cindy M." wrote in message
Hi Mz,

The concept of *relative* vs. *absolute* links / file paths it what you're
looking for.

If you place the images in the same folder, or a sub-folder of the folder
where
the document is saved, Word should automatically generate a relative link.
That
is, the link will describe where the file is located in relation to the
folder
where the document containing the link is. Thus, when you copy or move the
entire folder group, the links are maintained.
Cindy Meister