Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Default merge currency incl .00 from excel into word doc

The use of switches on fields is elementary stuff and if you want Word to
produce the merges you require you are going to have to bite the bullet and
learn about it.

Select the offending field which will probably look like
fieldname
Right click and toggle the display to show
{Mergefield fieldname}
Within the brackets add the switch

{Mergefield fieldname \# "$,0.00"}
Press F9 then if necessary toggle the display back again.

bamny wrote:
I appreciate your response, but it's way more than I can interpret.
It should be a simple matter for us technically-challenged people to
do. Thanks anyway!

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham
Mayor's website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"bamny" wrote in message
When merging a currency field from Excel, it will merge any cents
(example $23.32), but if it's zero cents, it will not print the
zeros (example $23.00). How do I get it to include the .00?