Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
atryon atryon is offline

Default Embedding in a Single File Web Page

I've tried both inserting it as an object and as file, it becomes
inaccessible when viewed as a webpage.

"finalword" wrote:

You can try using Insert | Object and make sure that you DO NOT choose to
link to file. Check the Display as Icon box to have the Icon available.

"atryon" wrote:

I'm working on a newsletter that gets sent out as an attachement via email.
I've been using the single-file webpage format so the end-user can access the
info easily since I'm using a lot of text boxes & graphics.
Embedding documents or other objects makes them inaccessible in this
format. Is there a way I can embed or otherwise attach another file (eg
another mht or doc) to the document and still have it accessible by the user
to open? I don't want to link them because then I'd have to attach another
file or publish it to a central location, I just want the ability to have a
seperate page part of the existing web page.
Also, page is not being published, just emailed.
Thanks in advance for the help.