Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Annotations?

Or perhaps the footnotes were created in another application and didn't
convert properly into Word footnotes? If so, reinserting them is probably
required.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

The feature to which you are referring is termed "footnotes" in English

I do not really understand your description of the problem, but maybe it
is the issue that is dealt with in the article "Why do my footnotes
sometimes end up on a different page from their references in the text?"
at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...ootnoteFAQ.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Dave Neve" wrote in message
Hello

I have a problem with a feature of Word that I don't even know what it is
called in English (maybe 'annotations or sth like that)

Sometimes, a small number appears at the end of a sentence and when you
put the cursor on it, a little envelope icon appears and then a small
text

The same small text figures at the bottom of the page with the same
number

Except that , after doing a long translation, the numbers in the body of
the page no longer correspond to the numbers at the bottom of the page

1 (in text)= 1(at bottom of page)
2 (in text)= 1(at bottom of page) This is where sth went wrong I guess
3 (in text)= 2(at bottom of page)
4 (in text)= 3(at bottom of page)
5 (in text)=4(at bottom of page)

I need to get things back to normal