Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Strange quote marks

Beats me, but look at Tools | Language | Set Language to see what language
is assigned to the text in question, then check Control Panel | Regional
Options to see what language keyboard is selected.

"Ann" wrote in message
How did I do that? I didn't change anything from one document to the next

or
in the middle of the working one. Thanks, Ann

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The most likely possibility is that you have enabled a different

language
keyboard.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Ann" wrote in message
In typing dialogue in a story, all of a sudden, the quote marks

changed
from
regular ones, "like this," to: €žThats a remote possibility.€œ

Note that the "open quote mark" is down and the "close quote mark"

goes
the
other way than it should. I'm in Courier, if that means anything.

I cannot find out where the problem comes from. In looking at the

Character
Map, I have found these marks. The first one is U+201E: Double Low-9
Quotation Mark.

I finally deleted the whole section and retyped it and had no problem.

How
do I stop this from happening again? I certainly didn't hit the

Unicode
key
combination by mistake.

I'd appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks,
Ann