Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I set up spell checker to ignore filenames?

I kinda thought maybe you meant the 3rd suggestion. Creating a "no
proofing" character style might be a bit long-winded, but you only have
to do it once.

Click on Format | Styles and Formatting, and keep the Styles and
Formatting taskpane displayed on the right side of the screen all the
time to make it easier to apply a certain style. Then when you type a
filename, select it and click on the "no proofing" character style you
created earlier on the Styles and Formatting taskpane to apply the style
to the selected text. Select, one click to apply style, done... no more
clicking on "ignore once" over and over.

I don't disagree with your suggestion, but we MVPs don't work for
Microsoft.

AlanW wrote:

Actually, I should have wrote that I had to resort to the 3rd suggestion,
and its far simpler for me to just keep on pressing "Ignore Once". But please
think about my suggestion.