Graham Mayor

The Word for DOS filter is linked from the downloads page of my web site. I
do not claim it will work any better, but it would save some time and can be
used with the batch conversion wizard.

David A Edge wrote:
I use the underscore character (_) regularly. Just now, I am in the
process of transferring from Word for DOS to Word 2002, converting my
data files via RTF. I find that some RTF files opened in Word 2002
accept and display the underscore quite normally, but others refuse
to do so (whether via the keyboard or as an inserted symbol). And
yet the very same RTF files opened in Word for DOS all accept and
display the underscore without any problem. What must I do to ensure
that any RTF file (and any other file) opened in Word 2002 will
accept and display the underscore?