Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH DeanH is offline

Default TOC in depth trainning

I am still 2003 (and very happy with it) and have seen many postings here
concerning 2007 and its new interface. Many people though are getting used to
it, abeit after many a curse word ;-)
Best of luck
DeanH

"Luc" wrote:

Thanks'

I will look at the link an i will gothru the option of TOC to find the "Keep
next" i had to get myself a litlle bit more familiar with this new 2007
layout.

I wonder on what MS has base it's decision to bult this interface, i saw the
potential but sometime i found it is not mature.... Can't place the finger on
something particular but i have to scroll around to find the tab i need to
make my modification

Thanks' again..

"DeanH" wrote:

Have a look here
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/toc/CreateATOC.html
about 2/3 down and the TOC Training Courses

As you have probably found out, if you modify the TOC manually, it
disappears when you refresh. About the "page break" within the TOC, this will
not work when refreshed; have you tried applying Keep with Next to the
particular TOC style, this will in essence do what you are after.

Any other particular problems?
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Luc" wrote:

Hi All

I look for a in depth trainning or tutorial for the TOC.

I have specific demand regarding modifying one line of the TOC ...OR...
modifying only the TOC 2...or... place a page break at a specific place/line
in the TOC etc....

Thanks for any reference.