Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ktm ktm is offline

Default file open/views/details set details as default in VISTA

Thanks... It worked. !
Actually I do recall it was Okay earlier -- and when it was lost I had
thought it is possibly related to some ServPack or security update.
I'll see if it stays on recalling the detailed column selections across
drives and from different office modules.

Thanks again. Your reply has been helpful
--
ktm_...an IT advanced amateur yet forever novice !

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 15:39:28 -0800, ktm wrote:

I am having an annoying problem (upon file open or save /view ... I CAN'T GET
TO SEE the precious "date modified" under VIEW DETAILS, even if I select it
each time -- I only get the NAME Column under VISTA and Office 2003)

Is this a known problem under VISTA and office2003 ??

system: VISTA Business SP1, Office 2003 SP3

No, this is not a known problem, and shouldn't be a problem at all. Have you
tried right-clicking the "Name" header in the Details view? You should get a
menu where you can check the items you want to see, including "Date modified".
Whatever settings you choose should stay chosen, even through a reboot.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman