Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Backspace won't delete, text turns red and strikethrough

On Friday, July 18, 2014 10:55:42 PM UTC-4, wrote:
"Mustafa" wrote:

When i hit the backspce key it does not delete, the text just turns red
and get strikethrough.
I have checked Options and did not get to any solution.
When i open new documents, they does not have the same problem, any idea
how this happens?

Thank you! This was a big help. I was in the middle of a paper and this started, no idea how I turned it on, but thank you for helping me turn it off!!!

You probably accidentally touched Ctrl-Shift-E, the keyboard shortcut
for Track Changes.

You can also click the notification in the bar at the bottom of the window
that tells you Track Changes is on.